Top 10 Places in Karachi
Karachi, City of The Lights is the financial capital and the largest city of Pakistan. Karachi is located on the coast of the Arabian Sea and spreads over 3,527 km2 (1,362 sq mi) in area. The city holds a population of more than 18 million people whose culture is mixture Middle Eastern, Central Asian, South Asian and Western influences. There are many must see tourist sites situated in Karachi.
The top ten places to visit in Karachi are listed below:
- Mazar-e-Quaid (National Mausoleum): It is the tomb of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan. It represents the city of Karachi throughout the world.
- Mohatta Palace and museum: Built with combination of pink Jodhpur stone and local yellow stone from Gizri in a traditional Rajasthani stone palaces style by Shivratan Chandraratan Mohatta, Mohatta Palace was converted to a museum in 1995 by Government of Sindh.
- Karachi Port Authority's Water Jet fountain: It is world's third tallest rising to the height of 620 feet, located next to the Oyster Rocks, off the Karachi Harbour.
- Masjid e Tooba(Gol Masjid): It is the largest single-domed mosque in the world made up of pure white marble. It is situated near main Korangi Road.
- Bagh Ibne Qasim: It is the largest park in South Asia located in Clifton, Karachi.
- Clifton Beach (Sea view): It is one of the world's most popular silver-sand beach and health resort. The beach has attractions like amusement parks, beachside horse and camel rides, and swimming in the Arabian Sea.
- National Museum of Pakistan: It holds ancient coins, hundreds of preserved sculptures, books and other reading material of the Archaeology and Museums Department for showcase. It is located on Dr Ziau-ddin Ahmed Road
- The Empress Market: It is situated in the Saddar Town locality of Karachi. It was first constructed the British Raj era it is today also counted in the very few historic spots of the city.
- Merewether Tower: It is one of the strangest landmarks in Karachi as the reason behind its construction is still unknown. It is situated at the confluence of I I Chundrigar Road and M A Jinnah Road.
- French Beach: One of the most beautiful beaches of Karachi.
Being a busy national capital Karachi also makes up a favourable tourist spot hosting amazing landmarks, beautiful beaches and amusement parks.