Top 10 Places in Ahmedabad
It is the seventh largest city of India city which was built in open spacious plane to the East of Sabarmati. It is the commercial hub of fast growing state Gujarat. The city has many fine museums and art galleries with some ancient archaeological sites and monuments
The top ten places to visit in Ahmedabad:
- Gandhi Aashram: It is Located near Vadaj, the Sabarmati Aashram was once the home of Mahatma Gandhi. The ashram houses a handicrafts centre, a handmade paper factory and a spinning wheel factory to continue the work started by Mahatma.
- Sidi Sayed Mosque: It is unique for its exquisite screens, which are praised for their delicately carved Jhali screen, framed, in the ten semi-circular windows each screen carved out of one single rock.
- Sarkhej Roja: This is a small city widely known for its architectural monuments, located 10km southwest of Ahmedabad. It is
- Juma Masjid (mosque): It is amongst the most popular tourist sites in the city depicting the Muslim architecture of that period. It is built with yellow sandstone. It stands on 260 pillars which support 15 domes at varying elevations.
- Jhulta Minara: Jhulta Minara or swaying minarets are a part of the mosque of Siddi Bashir has a special unusual feature due to which it can be moved back and forth by applying a little force at the topmost arch.
- Bhadra Fort: This Fort once housed royal palaces and well-laid gardens. It includes the temple of Bhadrakali which was built during the Maratha rule.
- Kankaria Lake: A circular lake built by Sultan Qutub-ud-Din hosting an island garden in the centre of the lake with a summer palace known as Nagina Wadi. It is most populated recreation place in Ahmedabad.
- L. D. Institute of Indology (Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Institute of Indology): This museum houses priceless collection of books, manuscripts and other reference material from ancient India relating to Jainism.
- Adalaj Stepwell (vav): It is a unique Hindu 'water building' in the village of Adalaj is an intricately carved and is five stories in depth.
- The Rupmati’s Mosque: It is a small mosque situated to the north of the city centre. The dome of the mosque is elevated to allow light in around its base. Elements of both Hindu and Islamic design of those period architecture and adornment are displayed in through it.
Hathisingh Jain Temple, Calico Textile Museum, Law Garden, Amar dham, Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Museum and many places are must see places for tourists if being to Ahmedabad.