Everest Base Camp Trekking - Nepal
The popularity of the Mt Everest Base Camp trek has grown since the first expedition to the Nepalese side of Everest in the 1950s. For a trek to this part of the Himalaya, within a limited time, we have devised a two week trek to Everest Base Camp. It runs directly to and from Lukla.
The trek follows the Dudh Kosi valley route with an ascent up to the Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar. From Namche, we traverse along a high path from where we have our first good view of Everest. We head towards Thyangboche Monastery located on top of a mountain ridge. We descend to the Imja Khola and continue to the villages of Pangboche and Pheriche. We approach the Khumbu Glacier. The trek through the glacier takes us first to Lobuche and then to Gorak Shep. From Gorak Shep we climb up to Kala Pattar for even more spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, including Everest's south west face. We then visit Everest Base Camp at the foot of the Khumbu ice fall before making our way back down to Lukla.
This is a moderate trek, which takes you up to an elevation of 5554 m and can be done during spring and autumn.
Day 01: Arrival Kathmandu.
Day 02: Sightseeing tours of Boudhanath, Pashupatinath & Patan
Day 03: Fly to Lukla. Your trek begins to Phakding (2656m)
Day 04: Trek to Namche (3450m)
Day 05: Rest day in Namche.
Day 06: Trek to Thyangboche (3867m)
Day 07: Trek to Pheriche (4252m)
Day 08: Rest in Pheriche.
Day 09: Trek to Lobuche (4930m)
Day 10: Trek to Gorak Shep (5184m) and climb Kala Pattar [5554m]
Day 11: Trek down to Everest Base Camp (5357m), back to Gorak Shep
Day 12: Trek to Pangboche (3985m)
Day 13: Trek to the Everest regional headquarters of Namche (3450m)
Day 14: Trek down to Lukla (2800m)
Day 15: Fly to Kathmandu.
Day 16: Depart Kathmandu
Trip length: 16 Days
Grade: Moderate to fairly challenging
Starts in: Kathmandu
Ends in: Kathmandu
Accommodation: Hotel & lodge
Transportation: Flights and private car
Maximum altitude: 5554m
FOT: Fully Organized Trek or Camping Trek
TH: Tea House (Lodge)
GAP: Guide, Accommodation & Porter
- All meals during trek (except for GAP trek)
- Accommodation during trek (tent on camping trek, lodge on GAP and lodge trek)
- Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu airfare
- English speaking local expert guide, porters
- Sagarmatha National Park fees
- Trekkers' Information Management System fees
- 3 nights’ accommodation at 3 star hotel in Kathmandu on twin sharing with breakfast
- All guided sightseeing tour in Kathmandu and entry fees
- Airport transfers and escort
- Equipment clothing for porter & staffs
- Insurance for all staff & porters
- Nepal visa
- International flight & domestic departure tax
- Lunch & dinner during hotel stay in Kathmandu
- Meals during GAP trek, hot shower
- Extra baggage charges
- Personal gears & clothing (available on hire)
- Tips, any expenses incurred in emergency evacuation/road block etc.
- Personal expenses (table drinks, snacks, telephone calls, laundry etc)
- Clients’ insurance